Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Wild and crazy times



The past weeks has been the craziest time every. I don't have a lot of time to go into detail but lets just say a cyclone hit Auroville a few days before we came back from Hampi and stayed. It set up camp and high winds and heavy rains poured down on Auroville...and College Guest House in particular. I think we were actually hit the hardest. Out of all the trees on the property I would say a third to half of them fell down. I loved the energy that it created. I loved seeing the trees fall and while I know it's sad to witness something that powerful is amazing. The storm last nearly a week yet we only have 3 days of it. We were forced out of College Guest House because of the dangerous conditions. Community stays started last Friday yet I am not really settling into mine well.

I though I would need down time to look over the work I had done so I picked the most quite of all the stays. Yet it has been the opposite. I had a lot of time to myself while traveling and now and ready to go out and have fun in my last two weeks. I think the storm also brought out a lot of this energy. But I have been really restless in my community.

On the flip side, the traveling was amazing. We got to experience they craziness of Bangalore and even went into the shopping mall, whoo buddy was that weird. Hampi was gorgeous. That's the only word I have for it. I watched the stars at night and the sun rise and set. But the most wonderful sunset so far was at Fireflies, which is a non-secular ashram outside of Bangalore. I didn't have my camera with me that night but all colors of the rainbow appeared in the sky. I doubt that I will ever see another one that beautiful.

I am sorry it has taken so long to blog but with such limited connections, us traveling, and then the cyclone which knocked out power for awhile...it has been difficult to find working e mail. I'm going to try and keep things more up-to-date over the last two in a half weeks, yes only two in a half weeks. That's so crazy...time has really flown by.

I'll admit I'm ready to head home. I don't want to say that I'm homesick...I just feel like I have done everything I came here to do and I'm just ready to head home. I think most of us actually feel the same and are ready to hop on that plane. The closer it gets the more ready we are. I'll sign off for now leaving a picture of one of my sunsets. I will later try to post images of the fallen trees in College Guest House.

No comments: