Saturday, December 13, 2008

7 days to go...


I really don't have anything new to post but I need a distraction from my paper for awhile. I have been up since five, it's now 10:45. It's break time. We move back into College Guest House tomorrow so I will finally be able to escape from here. I feel really bad about not enjoying my time here but I just haven't been comfortable, or feel very welcome. Don't get me wrong the people are nice, but they don't always seem pleased that we have entered their space. Yep....I'll be happy to leave tomorrow.

There is huge drama once again in the community ever though we are not together. Information that individuals wanted to keep secret has been passed along and has now gotten to our mentors. Hopefully nothing bad will actually happen but with the track record we have....I am a bit worried. While I am looking forward to going back to CGH I don't want to be part of the community anymore. In the past 2 days I have lost all trust in talking to any of the girls. (I am one of the people who have information that didn't need to spread around.) I know gossip happens, and epically with 12 girls....I know that. But I thought the people I talked to were not like that. I have been in close contact with them over the past 4 months that I thought I knew them....I suppose I was wrong. So I am currently very careful with my words, who is around when I talk, and anything I don't know certain people to know I don't say. I am really upset that I am doing this but I don't see another way. This next week is going to be packed with closing semester events but I still have to live with them again. I believe it's going to be difficult to dive and weave my conversations.....I have a feeling I'll just not be speaking much to anyone over the next week. Which is really sad since this is the last little bit of time I have with these people, or at least the ones I enjoy.

I don't really have anything like I said....just killing time. It is raining once again. It has been nice for the past few days but for some reason today it's cloudy. I am suppose to help Nanda and Raja take pictures of their work in order to make a portfolio. They have been doing tin, aluminum, copper, and steel roof construction. Now they are looking to work elsewhere because their current boss doesn't pay them enough. It's rather upsetting how little the local people are paid....completly taken advantage of. They are actually hoping to come to the States and do roofing work for some time that's why I'm trying to help them create this portfolio. I've seen some pictures and they do a good job. Most of the roofs look a lot like my grandparents cabin's roof. I hope they are able to make it to the States but it costs a lot for them to get there, not to mention living expences once they are there. We will see though.

I'll leave now.....and try to be more productive on my paper.

No comments: