Thursday, July 17, 2008

Picture

So I wanted to attach this to one of my other posts.....however not only do I not know how to do that, I don't think that I can. With saying that, I will now just add the picture here. This is the invitation I sent out to my family and friends for the Blessing Party. I used a potato to cut out India as best I could, I thought I did a fine job if I say so myself. However, as I went to make my first stamp I realized that the images on the paper would be backwards of the original. Duh! So I got slightly frustrated ad started cutting another potato but then realized I got lucky because of how well I cut the first one. So I did some more cutting until I had just the shape of India in my hand which was no longer attached to the potato. I had dyed my paper in green tea which created a pleasant smell and allowed different free form water marks to dry on the paper, which I felt gave a nice homemade touch. I also tried to make a small dot (seen on the images where that purple line in pointing) on the south-eat coast to show people where I'm going -- I don't think that went over well, but no worries. So without further yacking here is the lovely spectacular image....(drum roll)....TA DA!

No comments: